Discuss Laying 80m Of Hardie Boards (concrete) in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

ChiversTiling

Alright pro tilers

Have a question for you all

Had a look at a job that involves building up a area of 80m for a floor to bring up the height to the other floor, the client has got that hardie 12mm concrete boards, will it be alright to prime the floor and use flexible adhesive to stick the boards down?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hardie isn't designed for that.
SLC is the quicker, cheaper and correct method.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yes you can use hardie for that, I don't see a problem, especially if he has bought it :)

Sorry,just seen your post macten, why can't you use it ? Just exactly the same as boarding a floor and tiling it, ain't it ?

J

J Sid

Cost a fortune in slc ....why not screed it?
If no special requirements are need, ufh etc for slc, then there would be not much difference in cost to raise floor up 12mm.
SLC could work out cheaper when you take into account adhesive and fixings for boards.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yes you can use hardie for that, I don't see a problem, especially if he has bought it :)

Sorry,just seen your post macten, why can't you use it ? Just exactly the same as boarding a floor and tiling it, ain't it ?

I asked the same question to my local Hardie rep many years ago when I wanted to increase just a small area and I was told no.
He said it was designed for timber substrates and they don't guarantee fixing to concrete.
I've just checked their website and this is still their position.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ican't understand why, bit weird , cement to cement will be fine, if its that anal stuff then i could understand , and oh bugger, ive done it a few times ;)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'd need to check but I'm sure NoMorePly don't have a problem with it.
I'm sure SLC would still be much quicker and cheaper.

Edited to add that NMP can be used like this

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
How big the area?
20kg bag of Weber slc covers 6 m2 at 3 mm. ...so to build up 80 mm your going to need a fair few bags..

C

ChiversTiling

There's roughly 25mm differents in height from the other floor, the 80m area is already screeded, but the client has already got the concrete boards, self levelling will be to much

What's this SLC?

W

White Room

It's not slang just an abbreviation of self levelling compound, that kind of area might be worth getting in touch with [email protected] kind of area sizes with his industrial pours for these circumstances.

Reply to Laying 80m Of Hardie Boards (concrete) in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks