Discuss Laura Ashley Mr Jones floor tiles discolouring after being laid in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 51507

Have just laid these and now done some look discoloured like a brown dirty tinge that won't clean up.
I saw the previous thread regarding discolouration, is there a fault with these tiles?

F

Flintstone

Hi, unfortunately they are a poor quality tile made by British ceramic tile shop are notorious amongst tilers as being problematic. Did you or the tiler check the batch numbers before they were fitted as thats the first port of call

D

Deleted member 51507

Thanks for replying. Batch now same. They just seem to look stained in areas and I am worried it's going to get worse. So upsetting I assumed anything associated with Laura Ashley would be good quality. I shall have to contact them directly.
Just wondered if anyone else had problems with this particular tile and if they resolved it.

D

Deleted member 51507

15431626912872209680817774436455.jpg

D

Deleted member 51507

It's difficult to show on photo, it's only been done a week ago but I have noticed some areas that look dirty but not cleaning up.
It's like a faint translucent brown stain but it's making the floor look dirty in places.
I am worried it's going to get worse.

T

Tile Shop

Not the greatest of tiles but this is not a normal quality issue. Its an actual fault. Who is your supplier? Send them pictures and they should get BCT involved. BCT had glazing issues on a production run and have confirmed 20-30% of the batch are faulty. We've had a couple of cases raised and BCT covered all the tile and fixing costs to get them all replaced.

T

Tile Shop

If you have no luck with homebase, go direct to the BCT QA team. They're usually pretty helpful.

W

Waluigi

No, it was outsourced to India. One thousand employees all called Either Keith, Simon or Fred have been told to be incredibly nice to anyone who phones up to complain.

T

Tile Shop

Is it a call centre in the Midlands that has 150 full time operators!
No, it was outsourced to India. One thousand employees all called Either Keith, Simon or Fred have been told to be incredibly nice to anyone who phones up to complain.

No to both.... Just a handful of people, based at the factory, all of which I would guess from "on the job" training, have extensive experience at handling BCT complaints. They can probably even do it in their sleep :)

D

Deleted member 51507

Not the greatest of tiles but this is not a normal quality issue. Its an actual fault. Who is your supplier? Send them pictures and they should get BCT involved. BCT had glazing issues on a production run and have confirmed 20-30% of the batch are faulty. We've had a couple of cases raised and BCT covered all the tile and fixing costs to get them all replaced.

Reply to Laura Ashley Mr Jones floor tiles discolouring after being laid in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks