Discuss Last thing you bought on eBay...? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I'd create a thread so we can link each other to the last thing we bought on eBay, so we can share our deals.

Worth noting for the sake of being open, tilersforums.com gains a commission on links to eBay by way of a tracking cookie. It doesn't disclose anything to us, or even the affiliate firm (skimlinks) that supply us with the commission. The money helps fund the forum. And the product doesn't cost you any more than normal (obviously). It's usually just a few pence, not always even half a %. But it all helps.

It'd be cool if when you visited eBay, you did it via clicking a link in this thread or on the forum in general. So the forum gets a few quid extra per month out of eBays pocket and wouldn't cost you anything more than usual.

However, if you want to turn cookies off, a quick google for your web browser type will let you know how to.
And if you don't want to turn cookies off, or buy from eBay via the links in this thread, just search eBay for the name of the product or item number, and then that's nothing to do with the forum at all.

Thanks for those that take the time to do so though.

SO ON WITH THE THREAD

The last thing I bought was this: Amazon firetv stick, fully loaded with Kodi, Sky tv, movies, Sports, *** | eBay

@3_fall bought it too. And it's really bloody good! I haven't managed to not find a film yet. Thought it'd be handy to have one central searching system. It seems to have about 20 or 30 'apps' to search. Still, nice to have 20 or 30 apps to search all for free!

I'll be cancelling my sky and netflix I think. Then just getting Amazon prime for top gear when that's out.

O

Old Mod

Well that's me done then! Haha
trying to think what else I've bought lately, the only things I can remember are from individual auctions, no use here! Haha

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've bought a load of iPhone cases and screen protectors. But perhaps not worthy of the thread either lol

padtheplumber

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
A treadmill for the missus.....

Gym Master New 2015 Motorised TREADMILL 1HP Electric Running Machine +Gym Ball
( 251591524735 )

@Dan I like the look of that fire stick, is it really as good and easy to use as it looks? Definately no catch to it?

P.S. I clicked the link for you - another couple of pence on the way mate :D

P

p4ulo

a 38mm tile-cutting hole-saw - it was about £6.00 I thought it would give up the ghost after the only hole I needed to do, but it looks good for a few more! sweet!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

( 251591524735 )

@Dan I like the look of that fire stick, is it really as good and easy to use as it looks? Definately no catch to it?

Doesn't quite work like that lol - I didn't explain myself well.

The cookie saves on your browser, so it'd be the next purchase after you've clicked the link, and only on that browser. So I tend to click a link from one of my forums, then click buy it now or start bidding on ebay, and it'll remember it from that moment.

A nice way for a member to contribute some finance to the forum without actually needing to pay anything.

I totally understand if somebody is worried about security (not that you need to be, but if that's the way you are and you'd rather not click a link, that's fine) or even if you just don't want to help the forum out like that. That's fine too.

I just wanted to be honest and open about it. And it wasn't the reason for the thread per se. I just thought I'd mention it in the thread.

W

White Room

( 251591524735 )

Give it a couple of months and it'll be back on ebay:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah the kodi part must use some sort of pirated database for the movies. Well, about 30 of them! But the developers seem to keep on top of it. I've only had it on for about 8 hours in total and I keep seeing that it's automatically updating things.

Don't log out of the prime account it's logged into when you get it, as it's the guys account that sell it, and he seems to leave it logged in. So I assume he lets you use it. My mrs logged out like a plonker so I'm going to do a trial when top gear is out or perhaps over Xmas.

But I think @3_fall is still logged in so can even use the prime account for free? at least until the ebay seller logs it out or something?

Reply to Last thing you bought on eBay...? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks