Discuss Laser level recommendations in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Blunt Tool

If you need someone, there’s a guy Manchester way I’ve used and he’s excellent.
Quoted me £30 to recalibrate and it turned out it was a little more complicated.
Told me that it should of cost £80 but he’d quoted £30 and that’s all he wanted.
We argued and settled on £50.
Out and back to me inside 4 days.
Was yours out of calibration?

O

Old Mod

Was yours out of calibration?
Yes Ian, but only on floor cross hairs, but I haven’t needed that function nearly all year, it’s all been wall fixing and it was perfectly ok.
On floors however one of the beams drifted by about a mm a metreish.
Didn’t get it sorted til I needed it.
It needed to be dismantled, hence the extra cost.
It’s perfect again now and its kept in a box which is just a little bigger than the laser and is lined with protection. :D

B

Blunt Tool

Yes Ian, but only on floor cross hairs, but I haven’t needed that function nearly all year, it’s all been wall fixing and it was perfectly ok.
On floors however one of the beams drifted by about a mm a metreish.
Didn’t get it sorted til I needed it.
It needed to be dismantled, hence the extra cost.
It’s perfect again now and its kept in a box which is just a little bigger than the laser and is lined with protection. :D
I’ve still got my red Bosch so I’ll set both up and see if there is any difference, what’s the chances both out

O

Old Mod

I’ve still got my red Bosch so I’ll set both up and see if there is any difference, what’s the chances both out
s3955.gif

W

Waluigi

Yeah it does appear complicated but it’s not too bad. Have a look on YT, I’m sure there’s lots on there. I’m pretty sure my Bosch laser had a simplified explanation. I’ll have a look later

O

Old Mod

Huh! Don’t talk to me about them!!
I sent it there first, not only did I have a whole load of trouble getting them to inspect it, took two weeks, maybe even three, can’t remember.
And when they returned it, it was exactly the same!! And because I hadn’t needed the function that was out of whack, I didn’t realise until some months later, and there was no change at all.

When I found this other guy, the difference was apparent immediately.

If you want his details I’ll PM them to you.

Reply to Laser level recommendations in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks