Discuss Larsen adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spud

i used the larsen flexible rapid set s1 grey to stick down 6mm hardibacker its a good adhesive mixes up nice and had enough time without it picking up to quickly or going off in the bucket ,used the white flexible rapid set s1 to stick down white 60cm x 60cm polished porcelain it isnt the whitest adhesive i have ever used but was nice to work with and I had enough time to work with it with out it going off in the bucket, more feed back to follow

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
it is not bad.the rapid set adesive grey is rubish but the white one is ok.
Grout is something will not recomand.the finish is not what I expected.
This thread was created about 8 years ago now lol

Mario

TF
Reaction score
This thread was created about 8 years ago now lol
Haha.well i was looking for some reviews about this product.as the contractor supply it.and the grout and grey rapid set they are verry bad.specialy the grout is the worst ever finish i ever seen.strugle to get it right.

T

Time's Ran Out

Good to have an update!
It’s often an issue when you use a product that is not your usual - it can take a bit of getting the mix right.

Mario

TF
Reaction score
Good to have an update!
It’s often an issue when you use a product that is not your usual - it can take a bit of getting the mix right.
Been doing doing this for over 15 years and been true loads of diferent products in diferent countrys as well and belive me this grout from Larsen is the worst i ever used.but got to crack on as the guy is only using this product.lol

T

Time's Ran Out

Been doing doing this for over 15 years and been true loads of diferent products in diferent countrys as well and belive me this grout from Larsen is the worst i ever used.but got to crack on as the guy is only using this product.lol

It’s a subjective issue though. What one tiler likes another dislikes. I’am just trying to get a balanced discussion on the merits of different products as I’d hate to think your comment could bring down a multinational company that has been producing tiling products longer than you have been tiling.

Mario

TF
Reaction score
It’s a subjective issue though. What one tiler likes another dislikes. I’am just trying to get a balanced discussion on the merits of different products as I’d hate to think your comment could bring down a multinational company that has been producing tiling products longer than you have been tiling.
oviosly not haha.but like you say diferent opinions.to be honest adesive is great specialy the white one.is fantastic i like it.

T

Time's Ran Out

That’s the way to do it!
If you contact there technical department with your concerns I’am sure they will appreciate your views.

Reply to Larsen adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks