Discuss Larsen adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spud

larsen adhesive good or bad, been offered to me at a decent price comments appreciated

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's very well known in Ireland and has been for some years. Not too sure if that's due to availability limitations of other brands though. However I don't think I've read anything bad about it myself and have read a fair few posts on here about people using it.

Might be worth trying out and let us all know your thoughts for future reference?

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
used it recently no probs with it . not sure what it costs as i did,nt supply it
the one we used was an adhesive and grout, but we did,nt use it two grout with

D

doug boardley

Davy G uses it a lot, I think is brother works for larsen. Might be worh asking him Gary:thumbsup:

D

diamondtiling

I know they are trying to get a stronger foothold in the english market Gary, that should give you some leveredge when negotiating the price mate. I take it you are talking pallets anyway, as above Davy G has a contact in the company.

:thumbsup:

P

peckers

Been useing larsen rapid set single part flexible just got threw 2 pallets of it. great on the floors goes off very guick open time is the norm but pot life isn't very good, but then you have to work quicker:smilewinkgrin: Its got great sucktion on porcelain tiles. it must have loads of polymers in it as it smells loads. But it dont like going on walls :mad2: Load up your trowel sticks to it great. spread on masonry walls and it just rolls down the wall. dont matter how wet or dry you mix it gravity just takes over:mad2: But then stick your tile on it and try getting it back off again, like i said great suction!
I would use it for floors but not for walls imo !!

Reaction score
I used it and can say it's not so good! contractor was supplying it he bought for 8 pounds per bag he said, used 2 pallets of Larsen flexible standart set so drying time was 2-3 days, I could leave mixed bucket over night and next day could start tiling again was still like fresh in the morning :), also used rapid set and it was drying way to fast 10 min. maximum :mad2:

Reply to Larsen adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks