Discuss Large sigma cutter wanted in the For-sale and Wanted area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

Long shot but after seing a sigma for sale on here then realising it was an old thread, thought I would put a wanted out if anyone has a sigma around 900, I'm interested

O

One Day

Would you be interested in a very clean 3em? First model with max push handle and 3 arms. No wheels as its built for men.

F

Flintstone

But with no wheels, 128cm, a bit bigger than I was after but if the price is right

O

Old Mod

But with no wheels, 128cm, a bit bigger than I was after but if the price is right
It's a much better size Andy than a 900 or even 1000. Common tile size now is up to 1200,including a lot of planks. There is so much out there that is bigger than 900 but not 1200 so much.
Personally think 900/1000 is the wrong choice these days. All the DIY sheds and general tile stores all sell ties up to 1200, including Topps.
Don't be put off for the sake of 2-300mm mate.
The only real drawback with the older models is that the bar is a faf to remove. Which makes the handle more difficult to keep clean. At the end of the day tho, if to end cost is right, then a little extra effort to remove the rail may be worth it.
And given that you're a Yorkshireman thro and thro, sounds like the perfect solution for you! haha

F

Flintstone

For the amount of times I would use it i don't think that would be an issue really. I do see your point about the size deffinately i was thinking about it last night.

F

Flintstone

That's a great offer, what sort of discount are you offering, I know they are pricey for the large machines, hense me looking for second hand as it's only gonna come out a few times a year.

L

LM

That's a great offer, what sort of discount are you offering, I know they are pricey for the large machines, hense me looking for second hand as it's only gonna come out a few times a year.
Invest in a new one Andy, second hand Sigmas aren't much cheaper anyway as they hold their value well. The new machines with the easy to remove bar are well worth it in the long run and I completely agree with Marc's advice to go for the larger machine, that's a no brainer:)

P

Pro Tiler Tools

What size would you prefer and i will work out a price :)

D

Dumbo

You are going to start using it more and more and to be fair most large format over 1000mm tend to be larger jobs in my experience .

Reply to Large sigma cutter wanted in the For-sale and Wanted area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks