Discuss Large format Tiling and its difficulties in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi All. Just been to see the Wizard of Oz @3_fall . Met Marc onsite today to pick up some tooling. Given a good demo on how to use it ! Marc spent all day with me showing lots of his tricks and modified tools to make life easier to install these difficult tiles. Anyone out there who thinks its easy, its not. The tiles are prone to shatter due to the high firing temps!! Its not always the fixers fault !! Cutting out an alcove today and a 3mm sliver came off on its own, if holes hadn't been drilled the tile would have broken in 2 £monkey a tile !! The job Marc is doing is very difficult as the build for a 10mill house is worse than Barratts !!! Came home gob smacked , head buzzing with all the info given to me freely ! This is just a big thank you again for your knowledge and time. Marcs very humble so I wont go over the top. His work is amazing when you see it live. Like to thank little Mark to. Couldn't end this without thanking Uncle Ray and Gary the tiler for getting us started with the large formats Cheers IMG_0203.JPG

G

GoneGuy

I was lucky enough to be offered to help another tiler fit large format tiles, and yes I totally agree with you @Simon Dale the amount of thought and skill and time that goes into fitting large format is unbelievable

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Like to thank @3_fall again !! Had another in-depth lesson. Manoeuvring the 3200x1600 into a shower floor with pipes etc on wall !! He finds it so easy. I haven't slept for days worrying about it:eek::eek: I dont think people realise you need a brain, lost mine back in the summer of love and all those sweets I ate ;) Again a big thanks from Katrina and myself, not going to big you up too much cos your so humble. If anyone needs advice contact the oracle cos he's 1000% on the ball :):):):):):):):) Hope this is read, not sure if its the right thread Thank you

O

Old Mod

........finds it so easy.

I don’t think I’ve used that sentence in this context Simon. :D
I’ll admit tho, when I was being taught, I thought the very same thing of Gary.
You already have a great base knowledge of thin-tile.
So all I’m doing is guiding you with some extra handling techniques.
You’ll do just fine, of that I’m sure.
Thank you for the kind words Si. ;)

.....and yes, everything about thin tile is hard, I just wouldn’t admit it, that’s all. :rolleyes:

Reply to Large format Tiling and its difficulties in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks