Discuss Knee pad inserts in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

I've always used the trouser insert type knee pads, but I'm fed up of them being squashed in the corners, does anyone know of any that aren't foam? Maybe a gel or alike?

O

One Day

Snickers floorlayers. Beaded polystyrene. Light as feathers, don't sweat, dead comfy and wash in the machine to come back like new.
You don't necessarily need the floor layers pants, just decent sized knee pockets.
There's nothing better in my experience.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Get some strap on knee pads I use rubi for general stuff and some alpro for times if I'm kneeling a lot like big floors

J

J Sid

Snickers floorlayers. Beaded polystyrene. Light as feathers, don't sweat, dead comfy and wash in the machine to come back like new.
You don't necessarily need the floor layers pants, just decent sized knee pockets.
There's nothing better in my experience.
they are good but the trousers are rubbish.

I find with these in trouser knee pads the I go though the outer knee material in months So stick to proper outer knee pads

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The mrs has started selling fristad workwear , really good kecs , only thing what bugs me is tge knee pockets are on the inside of the knee, why, just why

O

One Day

they are good but the trousers are rubbish.

I find with these in trouser knee pads the I go though the outer knee material in months So stick to proper outer knee pads
They do scrub through pretty quickly if you're on rough concrete floors like most of us are. I get about 10 months out of mine, 2 pairs on rotation.
I just hate strap ons, so i put up with it.
I also save old pairs and superglue patches into any knee holes. From the inside, they look ok and it works well.

O

One Day

The mrs has started selling fristad workwear , really good kecs , only thing what bugs me is tge knee pockets are on the inside of the knee, why, just why
Blaklader are good. External pockets and they take the floorlayers pads.

D

Dumbo

I used to use snickers bean bag pads they were OK but if trousers wear through it doesn't take much before you got polystyrene beads everywhere . I know use the snickers next most expensive one don't know what they are called but they are black with an orange bit where your knee goes they are ok .

Reply to Knee pad inserts in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks