Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Kitchen Tiling New Concrete Slab in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Deleted member 50723

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,

I’m about to move into a new build development. We have opted to tile the kitchen ourselves but have some questions regarding this. We’ve done tile projects before.

As this is a new build, and we will be tile onto the concrete slab what preparation is required? Am I right in saying that if it rough concrete we only need to use a primer? If it’s powder coated then we need to etch/scab the surface and prime?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

John

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
New builds are normally just concrete slabs, some may have self leveling compound over some of it or all of it, best to check with the site agent.

Just give it a good scrape, hoover, and prime with an acrylic primer.

OP
D

Deleted member 50723

Thanks. I’ll speak to the site manager.

Hoping it’s just simple concrete.

OP
D

Deleted member 50723

Thanks. I’ll speak to the site manager.

Hoping it’s just simple concrete.

Reply to Kitchen Tiling New Concrete Slab in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock