Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Kitchen Splash back with metros - setting out for trim in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello all,

I have a job this week doing a kitchen splash back and window reveal. The wall behind hob has a boxed in section which means extra cutting. I had originally planned and customer agreed that they wanted mitred externals. They have now changed their mind and want to use white round edged trim. Fair enough their choice. The tiles are white metros with a bevel. Around the window reveal and the boxing in would it be best to ensure that where tile meets trim that it is a cut edge with the thickest part of tile body so that there is a uniform edge between trim rather than some edges onto trim being bevelled. Tiles are 7mm at their thickest. Trim will be 8mm. I don't do many bevelled tiles with trim so wanted to see how others would approach so I get the best result. Many thanks

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Use 8mm trim, I go cut edge to the trim with half tiles, With full tiles put the bevel edge to the trim...

IMG_20181002_155608.jpg

OP
acaciaguy

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Super thank you for that. Until I set out tomorrow afternoon I won't know for sure but my plan is to treat the area between the box and the corner as one wall, it is about 2/3 of the area of the kitchen hob / extractor wall and has the extractor in that area. Then see if I can "bend" around the box and finish the other 3rd. If this is going to look bad Im going to treat each of the 3 sides individually and then finish of the 3rd. The window reveal wall should be sound Im just hoping that the distance from worktop to window sill is good to me. Yours look great behind the sink. I hope mine is 2 tiles or less not just a bit more lol

Last edited:

Wesley

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hello AA,
Just a quick question about finishing off when using tile trim. In the photo above : where the piece of vertical tile trim is cut off level with top of tile, do you generally use (white) silicone and “fill in / smooth off” top of trim to “blend in” as best you can ?, or do u have a practised technique for finishing off ?. Thanks Wesley

Reply to Kitchen Splash back with metros - setting out for trim in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock