Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Kitchen order of finishing off in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

kiteboy

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
clear.png

Hi all

Been stuck over christmas with the kitchen install - Howdens cabinets are now all in and plumbing ready to go / waste and water in place

The only thing I haven't done is put the island curved corner posts on and the side panels to the island....this is because I will have to cut those to size and allow for a tile and https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ which for me is a tiny bit of guess work - so I've held off doing it for now

Oh and we couldn't tile before the kitchen went in as we cant move here so the cabinets had to go in

We are waiting on quartz worktop - not ordered yet though - 30mm stuff

What would you recommend doing next???..... Get the worktop people in to do their thing - then once they are done then tile afterwards - then put on the corner posts and panels

But im guessing the worktop people would want a completed island before they template up things??

Any recommendations would be great - just need a final push on

My main thinking is that if we tile now before the island worktop goes on - we can adjust the island very slightly if needed if something doesn't quite line up
If the worktops go on then we aint moving anything :)

Thanks all

OP
kiteboy

kiteboy

TF
Reaction score
Oh hell no! Is that the best way then?? Seems a waste when we wont ever see the tiles under the island - however can be done no probs i suppose

Last edited:

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Don’t bother removing island just decide where the island is wanted, temporary fit all posts/panels to island, cut them a few mm oversize and get quartz templated. Then remove and tile floor, now refit posts/panels cutting to desired height, quartz now on and connect sink, fit doors and trims

OP
kiteboy

kiteboy

TF
Reaction score
Island is 2.4 x 0.9m so no big deal if we have to remove nothing is permanently fixed at the moment

I suppose it depend on the tilers preferences too maybe? - so will contact a couple to get a few quotes and check their availability too

Thanks Bopster that sounds fine too thanks all

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Remove the island, or tile around it if you want to make life hard, it’s easy enough to do, but much harder work that removing a few units

B

Bill

Don’t bother removing island just decide where the island is wanted, temporary fit all posts/panels to island, cut them a few mm oversize and get quartz templated. Then remove and tile floor, now refit posts/panels cutting to desired height, quartz now on and connect sink, fit doors and trims
cutting twice - creating work is not productive.

J

J Sid

just tile round it, lift it up if need and tile under end panels. To much hassle taking it right out,

B

Bill

5 mins to drag it in and out or an extra hour of cuts dust wet tiles lining them up levels if needed and if the island needs moving or changing the floor is good to when you tile it first

Simples.

Reply to Kitchen order of finishing off in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock