• UK Tiling Forum that lauched to the World. USA and UK Tile Fixers

Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum for UK Tiling Advice, and US Tile Fixers Advice, whether wall tiling or floor tiling advice, by Tilers Forums. The collective tiling advice forum. TilersForums.co.uk now redirects to TilersForums.com.

Discuss Kitchen floor Prep Help in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

YT233

TF
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking at moving on to the next project in my house which is kitchen area. This includes the utility room and conservatory.

Existing floor was tiled about 10 years ago with porcelain tiles 60x30. All of the floor was fitted with thin tile backer boards, underfloor heating and self level on top.

One area was dug up and a new floor was poured it was some screed using granite dusk???

Floor has been down with no issues with tiles etc.

Anyway I wish to rip it all up and put water underfloor heating in. I have chose Nu heat Low Pro max system.

They advise that the whole floor should be covered with the special self level compound once the pipes have been laid. Do I need to wait a certain time for this to dry?? Do I commission before tiles or after tiles? Do I lay the decoupling mat on top of the self level?? I will be installing porcelain tiles again but slightly bigger dimension.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

O

One Day

Hi again. I've installed the nuheat system. It's very good and their own screed dries in 24hrs. I'd suggest an anti fracture membrane as it does crack on commissioning.

Reply to Kitchen floor Prep Help in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer