Discuss Kerdi coll alternative in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Lexter

TF
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have to put up around 15 Sqm of Kerdi membrane on plasterboard walls. I would normally just use the the Kerdi coll for small area but was wondering if there was as good but cheaper alternative?
Thanks in advance for your time
Lex

O

Old Mod

As someone said to me recently, if you were to cut @impish in half it would say Schluter all the way thro, :D so if there is an alternative, he would be the one that would probably know.
I wouldn't hold your breath tho! :)
I would have thought tho if you stuck the actual membrane with regular adhesive but taped the joints with kerdi Keba and kerdi koll, it'd have the same result.
But that's only a guess.

Lexter

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for responses.
The reason why I've have to cover the plasterboard is due to it being an insulated foam backed board. The showers are outside but under some arches. Had no choice as it had 100mm insul all built in.
I will go for the ardex wpc as your right this would save loads.
Thanks for quick replies

O

One Day

Why are you fixing a waterproof membrane with waterproof adhesive?
Schluter over-kill at work again!?
I would fix using a standard adhesive - as they do in the States.
Unless you're totally in need of a guarantee, then you'd have to use kerdi-coll (slow-set).
Personally, I'd always lap my corners and joints with kerdi-fix these days. Far easier to do and still effective - although I know Schluter would say "not the correct way".

Ardex WPC would work, but why bother? Either use the full monty or use standard adhesive imo.

Reply to Kerdi coll alternative in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks