Discuss Kerdi and plastering in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

drewwiley

Ok, our original plan was to tile all walls in our new bathroom, the walls have been lined with kerdiboard ready for tiling but partner now only wants half the walls tiled. Can we tile half way then plaster the top? Or do I need to start again. We are just having a rolltop bath so kerdi is overkill I appreciate.

Just wondering what the finish will be like between top tile and plaster.

Thanks

W

WetSaw

I don't know about plastering directly onto Kerdi board but don't see why you couldn't skim with tile adhesive and plaster on that. Tile first then plaster down to the tile or trim.

O

One Day

It will accept plaster just fine, but don't do this in an area likely to get many knocks.
Kerdi board isn't very string on the face for compression.
(although it is still the No1 tile board imo)

Reply to Kerdi and plastering in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks