Discuss Kerakoll Bio Gel adhesive demo afternoon in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Q

Qwerty

Kerakoll have kindly offered to conduct a demo afternoon of the much raved about Bio Gel no limits adhesive at
@tile superstores ringwood on 7th November

A great chance to meet fellow forum members, friendly staff and a great demo of the adhesive courtesy of Kerakoll. There will probably be free food going too and maybe some freebies!

IMG_0888.png

Hope to see some of you there! :)

O

One Day

What would you consider to be as good as or better than it Mark? I’ve never used it.

Mini-review then: If you've ever used the original BAL Mosaic Fix (not the new rubbish with fibres), it feels just like it.
No sand, just creamy smooth and lovely to use. Also dries a brilliant (very brilliant) white.
Where it differs from mosaic fix, it can take a lot more water to turn it pourable, yet it will not slump at all under large tiles.
I like my adhesives pretty wet, so sandy adhesives tend to fall off the trowel, ribs slump on the wall and generally I get in a mess.
Bio Gel allows me to use a very wet adhesive so I get good coverage, but it stays controllable and clean.
25kg bag for a shade over £20 and it's also very good value.
Personally I think it will go up in price once we're all hooked though.

O

One Day

What would you consider to be as good as or better than it Mark? I’ve never used it.

Just read your post properly Lee! The only adhesive I consider as good in terms of performance is Tilemaster lightweight, and maybe Mapei Ultralight S1 (but the Mapei is twice the price!)
Bio Gel isn't lightweight, but it pretty much handles like one with the added option to make pourable.

B

Blunt Tool

Just read your post properly Lee! The only adhesive I consider as good in terms of performance is Tilemaster lightweight, and maybe Mapei Ultralight S1 (but the Mapei is twice the price!)
Bio Gel isn't lightweight, but it pretty much handles like one with the added option to make pourable.
What about what Marc commented he had heard it shrinks? I never found it did.

Q

Qwerty

Fantastic evening learning about Bio Gel. Lovely stuff.

20171107_171733.jpg

I am desperate to use Isomat AK22 now to compare the two...... apparently its better!

B

Blunt Tool

Been using Kerakoll bio gel white for good few months now but one day this week I didn’t take enough from my shed for job I was on so went and got Weber standard set white flexi ( blue bag) from CTD which I used a lot before Kerakoll. It was like going back 5 years, sandy, dry, falling off trowel didn’t go far, and still seemed not as dry next day compared with the Kerakoll

B

Bill

I saw a demo of it today at Roccia, Bolton, and was very impressed. Does anyone know of any trade prices for it?

Thanks.

Reply to Kerakoll Bio Gel adhesive demo afternoon in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks