Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

3. ismoat Building Products

Discuss kennel flooring adhesive in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. tomm156

tomm156 New to TilersForums.co.uk

Hi all,

came across this forum whilst looking for a suitable adhesive to put tiles on an outside kennel floor. when we laid the concrete slab we didn't use any dpm as never thought we would want anything other than concrete. I want to wile with 600mmsq tiles to help keep it clean. I am worried about the tiles lifting with the frost or because of the dam coming up through the slab. can anyone help me and recommend me an adhesive and tile type? I have someone to lay them but they are not happy specking the materials due to there being no damp proof. the slab is poured directly onto the hard ground underneath. the kennel has a roof and mesh sides so is subject to rain getting in

many thanks

2. Tom Astley

Tom Astley Professional Tiler

you can buy a paint on DPM to use ontop of the concrete..... then tile using a quality S1 type adhesive for exterior use.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Albert

Albert Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler Top Contributor

As above

4. Adey1980

Adey1980 Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

As above, make sure you use a good quality brand, also make sure the tiles are frost proof

5. Localtiler

Localtiler Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

You must use a gritty primer over epoxy dpm also. I’d check it’s outside suitability, is this getting rain fall ?