Discuss kennel flooring adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

tomm156

Hi all,

came across this forum whilst looking for a suitable adhesive to put tiles on an outside kennel floor. when we laid the concrete slab we didn't use any dpm as never thought we would want anything other than concrete. I want to wile with 600mmsq tiles to help keep it clean. I am worried about the tiles lifting with the frost or because of the dam coming up through the slab. can anyone help me and recommend me an adhesive and tile type? I have someone to lay them but they are not happy specking the materials due to there being no damp proof. the slab is poured directly onto the hard ground underneath. the kennel has a roof and mesh sides so is subject to rain getting in

many thanks

G

GoneGuy

As above, make sure you use a good quality brand, also make sure the tiles are frost proof

F

Flintstone

You must use a gritty primer over epoxy dpm also. I’d check it’s outside suitability, is this getting rain fall ?

Reply to kennel flooring adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks