Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Just bought a Sigma. in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-show-***-107.gif

As if i would...

MSN-Emoticon-036.gif

MSN-Emoticon-crazy-016.gif

OP
A

Aston

Possible, i think Ed tried one too but possibly a bit too pro for a plasterer........:smilewinkgrin:

nah mate, bit too slow for a plasterer ;0)

i'll leave the sigmas for the lads that rely on the tile cutter to do everything??

OP
A

Aston

ive been using super glue to 'stick back together' the damaged reputation of all the sigma users on here ;0)

you'll never beat the rubi crew!!!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
why do you get a suitcase with your new rubi cutter?

when the cutter brakes you got sommit to take on holiday...:lol::lol::lol:

OP
A

Aston

is that the same case that sigma have recently started copying, i mean making.
they do alot of copying do sigma???

the wrist of the sigma user is more likely to break quicker than any part of a rubi...all that banging the handle on the sigma to breAK a tile isnt good for you.. heee

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
as i have said b4 one of my sigmas is over 20yrs old and still going strong, no need to keep 'updating' it as it dose all i need it to do, cut hard pocs, cermics, glass, ect no probs.

from what i seem to here about the rubis is you tend to have to keep 'updating' them to keep up with the changeing tile trends, and who has a 20yr old rubi that hasn't fell to bits, that can cut large format rock hard porcs?...........hang on i might find one in a skip somewhere..:lol::lol:

OP
M

Mike

my rubi lasted ages..........only because i didn't use it as it was rubbish. i seen the light and sold it and put the money towards a sigma. i felt guilty selling it :lol::lol::lol:

OP
D

doug boardley

tbh, any rubi less than a TX is pants on hard porcs, but had my existing TX for over 10 years now and never struggled on owt.

OP
M

Mike

mine was the ts60. that put me off enough not to buy a rubi again. the only good thing about it was it had a case, there again the sigma is so tough it don't need one:lol:

OP
H

hillhead

I reversed over my sigma 3B yesterday... oops.
That was my first flat tyre in 4 years......:8:

andy8758

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As a right tool I can tell u I can cut riven porcelain down to 10mm on my Rubi TX (when I get chance to trash a few more of someone elses porcelain tiles I will try for 5mm). My Sigma wielding co-workers tell me how much better their Sigma's are.... never accepted the narrow cut challenge though...... :prrr:

Might get interesting this week though!

Reply to Just bought a Sigma. in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock