Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Jakoboard thicknesses in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

B

Blunt Tool

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I’ve done a kitchen floor 600x600x10mm porcelain tiles approx 24 square metres the Gifa boards were installed onto joists with extra noggins even tho it was T&G. The kitchen was installed bar the island, joints fibre taped and filled with fast set flexi. Primed, tiles installed and grouted. That was 3 years ago I think and I’ve been back twice to do a bathroom and en suite. The kitchen floor is still as good as the day it was installed and would recommend to any customer who was going to start from scratch. Trust it more than all the layers needed usually and keeps height uniformed thru house

W

Waluigi

I suppose once you weigh it all up- the ply, the overboarding, the labour etc vs the thick cement boards, I don’t think the cost would be all that different.

No membrane on top of the Gifa though?

W

Waluigi

Sounds sensible. Yes I agree about the stone. Porc doesn’t seem like it needs it but I suppose you can never be too careful.

B

Blunt Tool

All stone have natural holes, fissures/cracks, some parts of their composite is very hard other parts very deceiving and brittle, no two the same. That’s why a thin crack mat just gives that extra protection over a long stretch of floor. It’s more to give the stone a bit of relief, let it breathe

Reply to Jakoboard thicknesses in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock