Discuss Jackoboard fixing spacing in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DavidJ

Update: I exchanged the boards for 20mm and put them up. They now form a nice sturdy surface.

Unfortunately I spent the last 3 days wonder what the horrible smell was and if I'd somehow damaged the soil pipe. I took some of the boards down and put them in a cupboard. And they've stank out the cupboard!

Ever come across smelly backer boards?

F

Flintstone

Yes they are faulty! There was a thread about it a bit ago if i remember correctly. Something to do with the coating

D

DavidJ

Sorry, I didn't see these replies!

The day after I posted about the smell I went back to CTD and the guy assured me it was normal and would go away.

I put the smelliest pieces that I'd already cut into the garage for a week before putting them back in the bathroom. The smell isn't as strong but it's still there.

I'll try and dig up the information about them being faulty.

Reply to Jackoboard fixing spacing in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks