Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
I

Italy

Please checkout the following advertisement.
@Plan Tec Tiling
now Bosch is at the highest level of brightness

20180617_073926.jpg 15292141162437146575368394594951.jpg

OP
T

Tile Shop

Ummm.... yes they were cheap..... sooooo cheap i didn't even notice the money leave my bank account... however I am now in debt to the rubi rep and his boss for a favour or two.

Green blade is just a basic for ceramic. going to test it on some other stuff just to see what happens... bronze one is rubi's answer to the ATS EP grinding disc. ECD also testing on various materials though looks like it will tear marble to shreds, and the pads I am doing a comparison to the ATS dry pads and the Sait pads. Sait are definitely the best for marble although they don't give as high polished finish as the tile face. Only way I can get that at the moment is with a 6000 wet pad, but I can't be arsed with the wet and mess. so hopefully the rubi will come up trumps.

OP
O

Old Mod

Ummm.... yes they were cheap..... sooooo cheap i didn't even notice the money leave my bank account... however I am now in debt to the rubi rep and his boss for a favour or two.

Green blade is just a basic for ceramic. going to test it on some other stuff just to see what happens... bronze one is rubi's answer to the ATS EP grinding disc. ECD also testing on various materials though looks like it will tear marble to shreds, and the pads I am doing a comparison to the ATS dry pads and the Sait pads. Sait are definitely the best for marble although they don't give as high polished finish as the tile face. Only way I can get that at the moment is with a 6000 wet pad, but I can't be arsed with the wet and mess. so hopefully the rubi will come up trumps.
Doesn’t matter what you use, you’ll never recreate a polished stone as well as a factory piece.
Can’t be done.
Not unless you have access to hundreds of gallons of water and many many tons of pressure.
You can polish for sure, but you can’t get that lustre.

I’ve used the flush cut to polish mitres on Porcelthin, works well. The VDF bronze blade will work also.

OP
O

Old Mod

I used the tutorcut last week, makes life easier and it keeps the blade at 90*. I only used it for a few short cuts but will be using it a lot in the next few weeks
Kool. Interesting to know.
My worry is that as it’s a perfect 90 degrees is that as the blade cutting face comes back around it’ll chip the cut edge behind you.
I tend to ever so slightly undercut when I use a grinder.
I noticed the Montolit STL blades chipped at 90 degrees.

Reply to It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock