Discuss It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/diall-led-rechargeable-site-light-30w-18-5v/8719v Would have liked one of these but,seems like there are only 2 in the whole country!
At that price I’m not surprised tbh.
I’ve a twin 30w (60w) on a stand, it’s bloody marvellous.
But the best light I have is 300 lumen head torch, I use it continually now.
I also have two sets of rechargeable batteries also.
The Duracell fast charge has them up to full power in 45 mins.
The torch lasts a good 3-4 hours on full power.

L

LM

Have you link for those Marc please?

B

Bill

the best rechargeable batteries are eneloop....... all photographers use them for their flash guns. The black version is even better.

Linky

I

Italy

51b26SvaedL._SY450_.jpg

I tried mine one day,
all day lit at half power.
I thought it was extinguished after a few hours ....

F

Flintstone

I got an led site light a few years ago and although it was bright it didn't last all that long and took ages to charge i just found it a pain. I have a 240v one instead those tall plasterers lights seem the best to me

W

Waluigi

I just plug in the rechargeable light if it runs out of juice. I’ve got a 50w rechargeable and one of the Screwfix 30w

O

Old Mod

Have you link for those Marc please?

Don’t have a link for the site light I’m afraid Lee, they were a gift from a site agent. :)

Head torch is from B&Q, it’s the only 300 lumen they do. £30
Must admit tho been tempted to try one of the cheaper ones from Amazon.

These site lights are outstanding tho

8276D929-CD8D-4924-B192-28524E9D7CAA.jpeg A42DA6E7-6971-4A20-8300-E41397125D92.jpeg B5D0E238-0198-4497-BD43-D75C8C404ED8.jpeg

O

Old Mod

Looking to 2019 I'm aiming to get very organised with tools especially the van set up, starting with a new tool box I picked up today

View attachment 103367

How much was that Andy?

I got this system earlier this year, they’re very robust and waterproof, clip together in any combination and have a security bar that runs down the side of a stack.
Although I paid slightly less during a sale.
I only paid £30 for the mid size box, and I have 3 of those. 1 set on wheels and the small briefcase size.
All the other boxes I looked at for similar money were very thin plastic and flimsy. I often use mine as a step up, certainly strong enough for that.
Since seeing them Gary has also bought similar quantity and he has them all stacked on one side of his van.

D160CCE0-4D54-4F10-8A59-802ED561AF3C.jpeg

F

Flintstone

I've got 3 of them already Marc, smaller size, one with drill twin set in, one for laser and one for multi tool, this ones deeper than the breifcase size and comes with a tray in top for pens and bits etc. Was £30 from b and q. Great boxes. Thinking of getting more for other tools. DeWalt do a couple different bases with wheels for them but only good If working on ground floor ?

Reply to It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks