Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
H

hmtiling

Please checkout the following advertisement.
IMG_20181101_085849.jpg
IMG_20181101_085033.jpg
IMG_20181101_085017.jpg

OP
W

Waluigi

I have the 3D3M. Same thing tho....

Too early for me to say. I’m doing some soft ceramic wall tiles- 700 x 250 so difficult to say. It takes time to get used to a new cutter. It’s a new technique. Similar principle.

The measuring bar is good. Nice having it near to you.

Can’t say I’m disappointed so far.

OP
W

Waluigi

Just did a side by side test with my Rubi TS. Yes the Rubi does cut this particular material better.
Not sure if this photo shows it. The biscuit is more even on the Rubi.

Rubi on the right.

Early days- one tile doesn’t make a cutter.

861F22EA-AFC7-4F88-A887-8E8DEA44BA7B.jpeg

OP
B

Bill

Just did a side by side test with my Rubi TS. Yes the Rubi does cut this particular material better.
Having used Rubi for 30 odd years - they are great on softer biscuits but not as good on hard porcs - the breaking mechanisms must be the difference as to why this is. Having said that - the Sigma wheels last much longer than the Rubi ones.

Both cutters have their place.

OP
W

Waluigi

Having used Rubi for 30 odd years - they are great on softer biscuits but not as good on hard porcs - the breaking mechanisms must be the difference as to why this is. Having said that - the Sigma wheels last much longer than the Rubi ones.

Bang on. Montolit cuts soft ceramics in a very similar way to the Sigma.

Not a very accurate test of a cutters abilities especially when you consider why people started moving away from Rubi- Porcelain.

Reaction score

I’ve scored the same line on the sigma a few times and seems to be ok, not great still but better... gonna get a different tile to porcelain and see what its like then

Reply to It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock