Discuss Isomat adhesives ..... in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Blunt Tool

It's not the rinsing. It's when you pull it out of the adhesive I like to spin off the excess before it goes in the washing bucket which I can't a the bucket is pretty full of adhesive

Yes I did
I put an empty black builders bag in an empty plasterers bucket and put a couple of tile cuts at bottom to weigh it down then after mixing adhesive to the brim (know what you mean) I spin in there full speed first before washing whisk just find it’s quicker to clean that way
But then it’s not Isomat adhesive so I shouldn’t be posting on this thread

O

Old Mod

B510E3B3-C5AD-4F26-8B4A-97E484691C0F.gif

L

LM

With any experience worth talking about in tiling you’ll know when the consistency of your adhesive is right, you don’t have to mix a full bag at once.

W

Waluigi

I do a fraction over 7 litres of water with AK20, does most of the bag. Or at least keeps me busy for a fair few hours. Keep in mind my tiling is mainly walls so I don’t need to use every last scrap of each bag. It’s sometimes nice to have a few bits leftover for tiling a bit of boxing for example.

BTW, nice adhesive.

D

Dumbo

With any experience worth talking about in tiling you’ll know when the consistency of your adhesive is right, you don’t have to mix a full bag at once.
As isomat is new to me im doing full bags with recommended amounts . As this is a double knock product if I relied on what I thought it should be like after the first mix I would be adding more water to it as I would think it was to dry .

O

Old Mod

I tend to add a little extra water tbh.
But you MUST wait at least 10 mins before re mixing, then you’ll get hell of a pot life out of it.

Reply to Isomat adhesives ..... in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks