Discuss Is this ok? Natural stone floor not level after tiling in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

WaltWhite

I'm not sure to be honest. He took 5 days to do both bathrooms. This bathroom also had a shower cubicle to tile inside and one wall with metro tiles. The first day he put the "latex" down. Don't know if the time scale can give you any indication if which type of adhesive he would have used

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
As well as the adhesive moisture ,we have the latex moisture to release through the tile to.
I would stripp a section, we have a product wax off. If you or fitter want to discuss the runthrough in morning , give me a call on our tech line

W

WaltWhite

Thanks a lot BOB will give you a bell tomorrow. Much appreciated everybody! Will keep you posted on the final look if your interested

Reaction score
As well as the adhesive moisture ,we have the latex moisture to release through the tile to.
I would stripp a section, we have a product wax off. If you or fitter want to discuss the runthrough in morning , give me a call on our tech line
Reading a post like this could tempt me to switch to Lithofin (from ...a). Excellent advice Bob.

My problem is finding a retailer locally that stocks the full range. One local supplier did not have Wexa (thought you guys all used steam cleaners nowadays), and the ones who do keep 1 litre bottles (5 makes so much more sense to fixers using it all the time). Another retailer wanted to sell me Stainstop (natural stone sealer) for sealing a Victorian floor. So can you supply us direct, without setting (e.g.) a £1000 minimum order?

W

White Room

Reading a post like this could tempt me to switch to Lithofin (from ...a). Excellent advice Bob.

My problem is finding a retailer locally that stocks the full range. One local supplier did not have Wexa (thought you guys all used steam cleaners nowadays), and the ones who do keep 1 litre bottles (5 makes so much more sense to fixers using it all the time). Another retailer wanted to sell me Stainstop (natural stone sealer) for sealing a Victorian floor. So can you supply us direct, without setting (e.g.) a £1000 minimum order?

I think Lithofin do day courses, might be mentioning to Bob next time hes on.

T

Time's Ran Out

The tiles are fired earth bridghampton and the job was "finished" 8 days ago. I've held back a third of the money we agreed, but still he isn't cheap! We were recommended this guy as we wanted a top quality job, doesn't seem like we've got one at the moment. He also retiled our other bathroom, ceramic tiles over the current floor tiles I think that looks ok. Ceramic tiles though probably an easier job

Despite all the excellent advice, you don't want to be doing anything to this floor yourself!
Get back to whoever recommended this tiler and ( if it was Fired Earth) get them to have a look at it.
He could have already ruined your tiles but if you try to undo his mess he will just walk away with two thirds of your money and you'll have no recourse to pursue a claim.

T

Time's Ran Out

So it's your Dads fault - for putting the floor in out of level and recommending a tiler out of his depth.
Us Dads get all the blame and we're only trying to help.

S

Stef

Have you not got a CTD close to you?
I use lithofin & if you ever need any help then they are just a phone call away.
I was hoping to meet Bob at Harrogate at the weekend but they weren't there.
Hope the Op gets this sorted as those tiles aren't cheap..

W

WaltWhite

Hi all just had a very useful chat with @Lithofin BOB and sent some pics to the fired earth technical team. Hopefully can be sorted

I was wondering about the toilet, the pan is not level due to the floor. My dad thought maybe use rapid set but then was told could stain the marble tiles. Any ideas?

D

DrJogo

Natural Stone should always be sealed before being laid. This avoids the problem of dirty tiles. The PH balance of the sealant will help protect against acidic chemicals.

Reply to Is this ok? Natural stone floor not level after tiling in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks