• Tile Adhesive

Adhesive Is there a visual difference between the different types of screed

Discuss Is there a visual difference between the different types of screed in the Tile Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.co.uk

RWoods

My new laid screed floor has been down for 4 months and from reading up I probably need to seal it prior to tiling.

Unfortunately I cannot get hold of the builder to find out whether it was a cement screed or flow/anhydrite type screed. Is there a visual way to tell (ie color/finish) that would let me know what was used?.

Or is there some kind of universal sealer that would work with either type.

I have been recommended Kerakoll Biogel for the adhesive if that makes a difference and the tiles are wood effect 120x20 porcelain.

hmtiling

Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
JOTM Winner
Post some pictures of the screed.
Have you checked how level it is? If it's perfectly level chances are it's anhydrite

Cranbrook

Professional Tiler
Personally, If your floor has been down 4 months and its anhydrite, I would not tile straight on to it, even if you seal it. I would be hiring something like the following,
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

whilst not cheap, is phenomenal at what its for, and will be much much quicker than any other way of sanding/grinding back the surface

OP
R

RWoods

So without having to trawl the forums i've 100sqm to seal. Whats recommended for sealing and how long do I have to leave it after?. I plan to use an Idrobuild Tex anti crack mat inbetween tiles and screed and from what Ive seen PVA is a nono.
Cheers for the help its much appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]