Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Is it shoddy workmanship? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
C

Charlotte Rimmer

Please checkout the following advertisement.
It does look like a damp problem to me. If that wasn't dealt with correctly then the damp behind the tiles will rise. Also normal tile tanking products won't stop rising damp and can hold the damp in the substrate causing it to fail taking the tiles with it, which is possibly the case here.

Thanks for the input. I do wonder why the tiles we had before on this wall were good for 15 + Years?

If damp is the case, is it still the tilers fault? Or not really?

OP
O

Old Mod

It will be difficult to prove an exact cause without removal of the effected area, and even then it can be difficult.
You will certainly have a good chance of determining the cause once tiles are removed.

OP
W

WetSaw

Thanks for the input. I do wonder why the tiles we had before on this wall were good for 15 + Years?

If damp is the case, is it still the tilers fault? Or not really?

There was probably no tanking before so the damp had somewhere to go. Of course this is all speculation until you strip off the wall and see what is there.

Reply to Is it shoddy workmanship? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock