Discuss Introducing Mapei Ultralite D2 Adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tile Shop

Although the material inside is lighter, is the tub size (by volume) the same as a normal 15kg (10 litres) tub of Mapegrip D2?

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

@Mapei UK Marketing
From the video the lightweight appears to be linked to the same amount of adhesive covering a larger area that a 'typical' ready mix. So there is less adhesive per area/tile?

I see the specifications mention wet rooms. What does water resistant mean in this case, I see it on a lot of adhesive products? It also says not suitable for non porous backgrounds (and it's a dispersal type) so would this mean it could not be used on a latex paint type covering?

[DIYer]

Mapei UK Marketing

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
@Mapei UK Marketing
From the video the lightweight appears to be linked to the same amount of adhesive covering a larger area that a 'typical' ready mix. So there is less adhesive per area/tile?

I see the specifications mention wet rooms. What does water resistant mean in this case, I see it on a lot of adhesive products? It also says not suitable for non porous backgrounds (and it's a dispersal type) so would this mean it could not be used on a latex paint type covering?

[DIYer]

Hiya, in response to your post above:

1. no the video shows that you will get more adhesive for less weight.
  2. One of the backgrounds must be pourous either the surface or the tile.
  3. Water resistant means that the product will not break down in water, not that it is waterproof.
Hope that helps if you require anything further please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks!

Reply to Introducing Mapei Ultralite D2 Adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks