Discuss Installing wedi board to masonry brick wall in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

117ws

TF
Reaction score
hi,

I have got one side of my shower that is a masonry brick wall (looker plaster removed) that I’ve got a couple of queries on regarding the fixing of wedi board (or similar)

1. Will using tile adhesive to fix the wediboard be ok? Does the wall need priming first?

The wall on the whole is pretty good, afew undulations could do with being taken out (as a plasterer I’m picky lol) can I float these out first and still use a tile adhesive to fix?

2. Would it be better to fill undulations and use wedi a 610 adhesive / sealer to stick the boards on?

Plus I assume mechanical fixings should be put in also.

Any guidance appreciated!

Cheers

W

Waluigi

15.2 uneven wall surface.

PM me if you’d like the whole document. I’m sure it’s online somewhere too.

F79143CC-143F-470B-818C-A226A86EB286.png

M

MTiler

Wedi have 3 methods for fixing onto brick work/blockwork: direct bonding, dowel method and dab and dowel

M

MTiler

From 6mm board thickness -direct bonding:
Clean substrate, if needed prime.
Level off surface with a standard filler.
Embed boards in layer of cement based flexible adhesive.
Cover joints with Wedi reinforcement tape fixed in place with cement based flexible addy.
In heavy wet areas apply Wedi sealing tape fixed with 520 waterproof slurry.
Alternatively its possible to fix without sealing tape using Wedi 610 adhesive sealant and Wedi self adhesive reinforcement tape.

Reply to Installing wedi board to masonry brick wall in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks