Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Improvement suggestions regarding the JOTM uploading process.... And stuff in the Forum Improvement Suggestions area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

I

Ian

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I tried to enter one last night but, couldn't upload any photos to my post, is there something I'm not doing right?

Upvote 0
OP
B

Blunt Tool

Dan - I like it!
So just you tell them the facts and call them naughty words - a change is as good as a rest - and I never complain.
Used properly this forum can add a significant amount of work and exceptional contacts to our businesses and for that I'am grateful. It gave me the opportunity to work in the south when I needed to be down there and to this day it allows the choice of work to be varied and interesting.
If members focus on just a few hiccups and failed photos to vent their frustrations then where would we be without the Tilers Forum - my wife originally thought I was spending my time on **** sites, but was relieved and annoyed that I was ignoring her for work. But now she just rolls her eyes and says ' stop annoying people' - me!
Yeah told the wife I was looking for Mongolian tribal horses when I typed in Asian ***, my cheek is still sore!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Dan - I like it!
So just you tell them the facts and call them naughty words - a change is as good as a rest - and I never complain.
Used properly this forum can add a significant amount of work and exceptional contacts to our businesses and for that I'am grateful. It gave me the opportunity to work in the south when I needed to be down there and to this day it allows the choice of work to be varied and interesting.
If members focus on just a few hiccups and failed photos to vent their frustrations then where would we be without the Tilers Forum - my wife originally thought I was spending my time on **** sites, but was relieved and annoyed that I was ignoring her for work. But now she just rolls her eyes and says ' stop annoying people' - me!
Stunner. Haha..

Made me laugh that.

Look, i listen to the guys. I sit up with the Mrs saying 'wonder if this would get them more business in' moreso than 'wonder if this would make it like Facebook / make me rich / make more people visit and ask the same questions'.

So I'm listening.

I just need actual suggestions to try rather than dissing it 'youd be better as a Facebook' kinda thing.

OP
T

Tile Shop

I quite like the way it works. But I can see it from Bri and Andy's point.

There are people that are going to love the 1000001 features available, but others will see it as being over-complicated for what they want to use the forum for.

What would be the chance that an option is given to switch between the full site with all the bells and whistles and a "Lite" version that has many of the unnecessary features [to them] stripped back so that it gives them a forum that they can use comfortably. Keeping only the important stuff like full access to all the threads, JOTM, cut the like buttons back etc.... Like it was a year n'a bit ago when I joined. Or even what if the features can be listed in everyones profile and they can individually pick and choose what they want to see?

Far from a small job to put in and all dependant on whether the forum software can handle it..... @Dan ?

OP
S

stephenoneill

Honestly the site is way to complicated.bring it back to basics.make it simple to use with less categories and subcategories categories etc

Reply to Improvement suggestions regarding the JOTM uploading process.... And stuff in the Forum Improvement Suggestions area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock