Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Impey Waterguard test in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Q

Qwerty

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Ok, so in this thread a concern was raised that the @Impey Showers tanking membrane was affected by silicone so I decided to do a little test.

An offcut of Impey Waterguard was used and laid on the bed of my Dewalt tile saw. Areas were marked out on the membrane where the following were applied-

-Dow Corning 785 acetoxy silicone
-Dow Corning 785 neutral cure silicone
-Everbuild Butyl Sealant (supplied by Impey in thier tanking kit)
-LTP crackle glaze petroleum based sealer (ran out of mattstone or Lithofin stainstop!)
-Spray on tile & grout sealer (identical to the LTP spray sealer)
-Lithofin cement residue remover
-Lithofin intensive cleaner

20190106_104956.jpg
20190106_110028.jpg
20190106_110037.jpg
20190106_110049.jpg
20190106_110057.jpg

I did video the whole test and yet to upload to YouTube but in the meantime if you have nothing better to do with 6 minutes of your life then here is the link.....:D.......

Dropbox - SUNP0001.AVI - https://www.dropbox.com/s/oob092dzd4cy4h8/SUNP0001.AVI?dl=0

Apologies for the picture & audio quality, I forgot to remove the waterproof cover on my Lidl GoPro :rolleyes:

I will check on the membrane tomorrow and then again every 24 hrs and report back with the results.

OP
D

Dumbo

Impey have said to me silicone is fine with Waterguard but I do not understand why the still supply that sealant with it

OP
W

Waluigi

.......to provide a complete wet room solution I imagine. Plus it’s more margin for them as I expect their sealant is rather expensive.

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Well done Geoff we do appreciate your efforts! :thumbsup:
Can I ask is that Impey stuff like the Mapei WP200 stuff?

OP
D

Dumbo

As above . Good work Geoff made me realise I should be doing test' s on stuff I'm not sure about rather than relying on hear say or propaganda from manufacturer's.

OP
G

GoneGuy

Very informative, got me thinking about my next job if there’s any schlüter kerdi left over might do a similar test

OP
W

Waluigi

Makes you wonder if you could use something other than Kerdi Coll for the waterproofing.

I know in the US, Kerdi Coll doesn’t exist. They just use Standard tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.

Reply to Impey Waterguard test in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock