Impey Waterguard test

Discuss Impey Waterguard test in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk

Plan Tec Tiling

Administrator
Staff member
Subscribed Member
Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
JOTM Winner
Ok, so in this thread a concern was raised that the @Impey Showers tanking membrane was affected by silicone so I decided to do a little test.

An offcut of Impey Waterguard was used and laid on the bed of my Dewalt tile saw. Areas were marked out on the membrane where the following were applied-

-Dow Corning 785 acetoxy silicone
-Dow Corning 785 neutral cure silicone
-Everbuild Butyl Sealant (supplied by Impey in thier tanking kit)
-LTP crackle glaze petroleum based sealer (ran out of mattstone or Lithofin stainstop!)
-Spray on tile & grout sealer (identical to the LTP spray sealer)
-Lithofin cement residue remover
-Lithofin intensive cleaner

20190106_104956.jpg 20190106_110028.jpg 20190106_110037.jpg 20190106_110049.jpg 20190106_110057.jpg

I did video the whole test and yet to upload to YouTube but in the meantime if you have nothing better to do with 6 minutes of your life then here is the link.....:D.......

Dropbox - SUNP0001.AVI - https://www.dropbox.com/s/oob092dzd4cy4h8/SUNP0001.AVI?dl=0

Apologies for the picture & audio quality, I forgot to remove the waterproof cover on my Lidl GoPro :rolleyes:

I will check on the membrane tomorrow and then again every 24 hrs and report back with the results.

W

Waluigi

Unregistered (Please Register)
.......to provide a complete wet room solution I imagine. Plus it’s more margin for them as I expect their sealant is rather expensive.

jcrtiling

Trusted Advisor
Professional Tiler
TTA Member
Trouble is it doesn't go off so i end up getting on the end of my tape measure when measuring into the wall .

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]