Discuss I have changed career after 30 years in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

A

Andy Jones

Hi all... I have changed career after 30 years and am starting up as a 'handyman', which will involve bathroom refits and tiling.
I have done lots of personal tiling over the years but never charged anyone for it.....that is a daunting prospect. I want to ensure I provide the best service possible and am thinking of completing a weeks training at UK Protiling - 4 Day Wall & Floor Tiling Course with an additional Natural stone and business day.
Has anyone had any experience of this course?
Does anyone think it's necessary, or am I wasting time and money?

All thoughts greatfully received
Cheers
Andy

OP
R

Rookery

A course should teach you the basics but only the basics. You will need practice and more practice and have the right attitude. Your customers will be paying for some of your training while you build up a local reputation. You wont earn much for the first few years until you get your speed up but you'll have a lot of job satisfaction, and a few heartaches, along the way. Never ever tell yourself 'oh that'll do', cos it wont.

judge

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Andy,welcome aboard the tiling bible,see you in the morning,
Oh,I've got an extra pair of hands coming with me. Julian

Reply to I have changed career after 30 years in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer