• Thread starter TilingPeter
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 7K
  • how

Discuss How to use abrasive blocks in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

TilingPeter

What's the best way to use an abrasive block on a tile? What angle is best? I've been using them to remove chips but it's creating as many chips as it's removing. I've been using the Rubi abrasive block with two different grades on each site.

O

Old Mod

Move in forward and down direction.
Do not apply pressure on way back up, it can take the glaze off as you retract your arm.
It will depend on the grit number too, if they’re too low a number for your material, they’ll just tear he tile apart.

T

Time's Ran Out

What type of material are you using it on?
Ceramic, porcelain, stone....
My guess is it’s down to the quality of your ceramic tile.
Me I rub at 45 degrees 5 times, 90 degrees 5 times, blow and then let my thumb feel the smoothness of the resulting edge.

T

TilingPeter

What type of material are you using it on?
Ceramic, porcelain, stone....
My guess is it’s down to the quality of your ceramic tile.
Me I rub at 45 degrees 5 times, 90 degrees 5 times, blow and then let my thumb feel the smoothness of the resulting edge.

10mm Ceramic. The tiles seem quite hard and weren't cheap.

T

Time's Ran Out

Well - ceramic - white biscuit - made in England == BCT !!!
There is a thread on this manufacturer in the forum archives - use search or someone with techno ability may link it.
Not that we ever led the world in tile production but at present the quality of these tiles is very poor - IMHO.
In a nutshell I doubt if you will get a near perfect cut with such a glaze on this biscuit. They craze just with looking at them, get sold as floor and wall tiles, have blemishes which suggest no quality control, and vary in size from tile to tile.
But some of the patterns are nice!

P

Perry

shopping
Try this.

Reply to How to use abrasive blocks in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks