Discuss How to Properly Fit Corner / Final Tile Where Movement Is Limited in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

EdMac

TF
Reaction score
In the videos I've been watching about how to lay a tile properly they advocate sliding the tile perpendicular to the run of the adhesive grooves onthe floor. This collapse the channels and provides better contact etc.

When the trowel is 20mm (the height seems to be 15mm the width 20mm) the tile will need to be moved back and forth a little to collapse those ridges. In the centre of the room that works out fine but what about in the corner or the last tile placed up against a wall where the adjacent tiles will limit movement?

The tiles in question are 59cm porcelain and I will be backbuttering them as per video advice. It's just those corner/final tiles I'm wondering about.

Thanks.

T

Tile Shop

The slide only needs to be short, but you must continue pressing down and sliding back and forth until you hit the desired depth. You should have enough room in your perimeter joint and grout joint for "wiggle room". Rubber mallet can also help to make small minor adjustments.

Reply to How to Properly Fit Corner / Final Tile Where Movement Is Limited in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks