Discuss How to dress premtool polishing pads in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

Thank you. How are they on honed and filled trav? I was thinking of getting a half bullnose wheel also. Any thoughts?
For me, soft stones are easier worked with something like Sait Pads as Alan suggests.
As far as bull nose grinder attachment is concerned, you’re better off learning how to do it by hand first, it will give you a much deeper understanding of what you’re actually doing.
And tbh, they’re not the easiest things to use anyway.

J

J Sid

I was thinking of getting a half bullnose wheel also. Any thoughts?

I've had and used bullnose wheels from ATS for years, great bit of kit. Easy to use and with a bit of final working and polishing with SAIT Plain Silicon Carbide Discs they give a great look and finish.
not only do they work great on stone i also use them to good effect on full bodied porcelain.

get one and practice with it for a bullnose or even for making stone or porcelain windows boards

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
For me, soft stones are easier worked with something like Sait Pads as Alan suggests.
As far as bull nose grinder attachment is concerned, you’re better off learning how to do it by hand first, it will give you a much deeper understanding of what you’re actually doing.
And tbh, they’re not the easiest things to use anyway.

Noted. thank you for that. I will. With honed and filled travertine is it best to bullnose on the factory finished edge or can you work on a cut edge. Once worked on with pads to get bullnosed edge to you need to re-fill with resin and polish or will just polishing and sealing with rest of tile work

F

Flintstone

Cut edge or factory edge makes no difference once you start going down this road.

You can work with the Sait pads upto a highly polished finish. Filling with resin is a possibility if you end up with holes that will depend on the quality of the stone

O

Old Mod

Noted. thank you for that. I will. With honed and filled travertine is it best to bullnose on the factory finished edge or can you work on a cut edge. Once worked on with pads to get bullnosed edge to you need to re-fill with resin and polish or will just polishing and sealing with rest of tile work
Well there you are, different people, different ideas and methods.
Everything about our industry most of the time is down to how it works for you.
It’s so individual.
Same with the question above, you can never tell how a stone is going to react until you actually try it.
Yes you can work on a cut edge, but it can need rectifing first, just depends. (Polished to factory edge) a factory edge does make it a little simpler, it depends on what kind of bullnose or round you’re after achieving.

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Many thanks guys
Cut edge or factory edge makes no difference once you start going down this road.

You can work with the Sait pads upto a highly polished finish. Filling with resin is a possibility if you end up with holes that will depend on the quality of the stone

So you can bullnose / half bullnose with the Sait pads and not need a wheel?

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Is a bullnose /half bullnose or mitre better in terms of look and robustness?

What are people’s preferred method

J

J Sid

would say mitre is more modern, depends what you think of as modern. 30 years ago a mitred tile was something that came out the factory all done for you. Order 4 boxes of tiles and one box was mitres.
but yes, mitre edges are shaper looking and yes more modern looking for porcelain. As for stone, some aren't suitable for mitreing and polished edges look much better and are stronger.

Reply to How to dress premtool polishing pads in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks