Discuss How to dress premtool polishing pads in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hello all. I have recently bought some premtool polishing pads of varying grit for polishing mitred edges / bullnosing etc.

How are these dressed before using?

Many thanks

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It does which confused me. I asked them and they said a soft material. I wondered if thirst who have used them have some tips.

W

Waluigi

Get them on the back edge of a ceramic tile. It’ll soon flatten them down a bit.

I was using them last week. Actually ceramic eats them up. They’re so cheap that it doesn’t matter

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thank you. How are they on honed and filled trav? I was thinking of getting a half bullnose wheel also. Any thoughts?

W

Waluigi

Not sure, I’ve not used them on Travertine. I expect they’re pretty good. I’ve mainly used the 50, 100 and 200 to achieve good cut edges on porcelain and to get close mitres on ceramic.

C

Concrete guy

When dressing is applied to polishing pads it generally means nothing more than running the pads on something first to wear off the manufactured coating and expose some diamond.

An offcut of granite is ideal for this.

Travertine tends to be a little soft for dry diamond pads to be fully effective. We generally recommend Silicon carbide discs for sedimentary and metamorphic stone. That said they may work, but you might find you have to periodically dress them on something more abrasive to expose more diamond to get them to polish. It depends on the compound used to manufacture the pad itself.

Reply to How to dress premtool polishing pads in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks