Discuss How to cut circle hole in middle of tile??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

bcurtis

Hello folks.

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to cut a circle hole in the middle of a tile for my shower pipes???

I've been trying to drill then chip away but always end up cracking the tile. :mad2:

My mate said that there is a cutting attachment that you can buy but it's awful expensive for using for two pipes.

So can anyone on here give me their secret tips??

Cheers

G

grumpygrouter

Contact 365drills.com our sponsors and buy an appropriate sized diamond core drill. Makes life sooooo much easier.:thumbsup:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Or, if they are ceramic tiles, put masking tape over the area you want to drill. You can use a Masonry bit, but make sure the drill isn't set to hammer. :thumbsup:

If this isn't a one-off, and you're going to be doing more tiling, definitely go down the 365 Drills route.

B

bcurtis

The hole is 30mm in diamater.

How is it you work the masking tape idea??? Trying to get it in my head

C

cornish_crofter

Suggest you ask Richard about his £50 set, IIRC there may be a forum discount, ask him nicely.

The set will include loads of other bits that you'll find useful.

Wylie

TF
Reaction score
I had the same to do 30mm for shower pipes,with the grinder take a small portion out from the front and the rest from the back of the tile,your square will find the exact centres from both sides

R

rook53

We use Lochboy for ceramic, no power required and only about £37 from
Trade Tiler. They last years

Reply to How to cut circle hole in middle of tile??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks