Discuss How NOT to install mosaics in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

MTiler

A couple of pics of a bad installation of paper faced mosaics I went to see. The guy just battled on ffs.

20170824_132941.jpg 20170824_141654.jpg 20170824_132101.jpg 20170824_132111.jpg

I

Italy

She looks like my first mosaic bathroom ....
I still remember, the year 1984/85 bisazza yellow.
Stucco, "white cement" :(
The shower was round, with the dish done
as egg cut in half.
a disaster....
I was in the center of milano, the customer was a beautiful american.
In short, did the oldest job in the world ...
Every time he went into the bathroom ..... I was agitated ...
He has always said that the bathroom was beautiful ...
I realized later, because he said it was nice ....
It was nice, because it was free !!!!!
the builder was his client !!

M

MTiler

I'll be re-doing it. Ive told the customer the tiler can rip it all out and do the worst of the prep lol.

O

One Day

I'd just say he didn't "battle on" as you put it.
He was losing badly every step of the way.
How can you even begin to be SO bad???! o_O

M

MTiler

Let's hope he doesn't do the worst prep Sharon! :eek:
As I said he'll be doing the worst of it such as using a heat gun to soften the epoxy (Bisazza) to get the damn things of the walls and get rid of the adhesive. I'll be finishing it off. He'll be my labourer lol. He wont want to do that again in a hurry :)

O

Old Mod

As I said he'll be doing the worst of it such as using a heat gun to soften the epoxy (Bisazza) to get the damn things of the walls and get rid of the adhesive. I'll be finishing it off. He'll be my labourer lol. He wont want to do that again in a hurry :)
Haha no I don't suppose he will Sharon. :p

M

mr white

Looks like something out of mine craft, why could he not get them flat? Too much adhesive?

M

MTiler

Could you not skim over and tile on top or are they not well 'fixed'!
Its so bad in places itd have to be skimmed quite thick to get it all flat, external edges are really bad, the room is small enough as it is lol. Easier just ripping it all off to flat substrate. Also I dont know how well its been fixed and what onto. I found out he'd tried to use a 2mm trowel so the grout is probably holding them up lol.

Reply to How NOT to install mosaics in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks