Discuss How many trowels do you need. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
126A81D1-D977-4F1C-93C5-D3C2AC553D9F.jpeg
Had a bit of a sort out and realised what a diverse bunch of trowels l need to cover the work that l do, (basically all trowel trades). The oldest goes back to the early seventies, before l discovered Marshalltown. What are your trowels like?

W

Waluigi

This is the lot I took out of the van because I wasn’t using them often enough. A couple of bonding towels and a scarifier in there too. Covered in crap and will be stored in the shed never to see the light of day again I expect :D

F5647C18-7C5B-4D72-BF21-5E1CC095C7B4.jpeg

B

Bill

How many of us still use a round notch?.... I haven't used one for about 5 years I reckon.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
“How many trowels do you need”

Not as many as you.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Aye the gauges is like an old friend and used almost every working day, even if it’s just cleaning the inside of a bucket.

W

Waluigi

I had a lovely little marshaltown pointing trowel, used it one day on one job and then it disappeared. Last seen in my drivers side door card. Reverted back to using a hosepipe. Proper lash up :D

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Although I am a recent convert to a Marshall Town Permaflex, bloody amazing!

It’s so tempting to put a mirror finish on someone’s ceiling.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
No, my old plaster used one but considering the mess he made on my kitchen ceiling I think I will stick to the old ways.

W

Waluigi

They are superb for flattening. I still use a conventional trowel for finishing.

The mess he made is in no way a judgement on the speed skim

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
No, it probably had something to do with his drinking. :tearsofjoy:

Reply to How many trowels do you need. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks