Discuss how do you protect your sigma cutter in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Alan M

just an update

i got my local tool dealer to ring their sigma supplier. they want 60 euro for a case for it. thats a bit much for just a plastic case. i bought a stanley tool box for 30 euro (with 2 more inside)and put it in that. altow you have to take off the fence. if i ever get a big cutter il get a box for that

M

Mike

just an update

i got my local tool dealer to ring their sigma supplier. they want 60 euro for a case for it. thats a bit much for just a plastic case. i bought a stanley tool box for 30 euro (with 2 more inside)and put it in that. altow you have to take off the fence. if i ever get a big cutter il get a box for that
you and your tool boxes alan lol. you'll have to put a photo of the back of your van on here, to show all 40 of your tool boxes. btw you dont need a box for the sigma, it's strong enough without one :thumbsup:

T

The D

I have found a case for your cutter

Attachments

• 120l_grey.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 112
S

Spud

I love my new sigma its the 3 em it is such a good cutter I will be replacing all my rubi's with a sigma 3cm and a sigma 3dm

M

Mike

I love my new sigma its the 3 em it is such a good cutter I will be replacing all my rubi's with a sigma 3cm and a sigma 3dm
i'm glad you've seen the light gary, maybe you could take deano with you and show him how the sigma's the better cutter :lol:

A

Alan M

you and your tool boxes alan lol. you'll have to put a photo of the back of your van on here, to show all 40 of your tool boxes. btw you dont need a box for the sigma, it's strong enough without one :thumbsup:

i love having my tools sorted out into job types, and having them clean and stored neatly .
i dont have 40 of them in the van at once. maybe they would fit. il have to check.

there was only 10 in there all week

M

Mike

i've heard of many tilers on here go from rubi to sigma (including myself) but never the other way :smilewinkgrin:

S

Spud

I used rubi's for years pretty much up until 2002-2003 when they started letting me down on cutting porcelain i was wet cutting everything as the ts cutters just didnt cut the mustard so rubi brought out the ts plus that just didnt do it either these cutters where now redundant unless i was doing ceramic wall tiling ,2004-2005 I spent £600 on the newly out rubi tx1200n worst money I have ever spent and it turned out to be the most useless cutter and i couldnt wait to see the back of it ,the company I was subbing to at the time got me a superpro 750 which turned out to be an excellent machine so I purchased a superpro 900 ,these cutters cut anything but just dont have the accuracy of the sigmas and to be fair are a little brutal ,
so in my experience for ceramics rubi ts cutter are the best for anything else I wouldnt go near them however the series 2 tx do look better than the previous ones

for porcelain it will be sigma all the way for me now and i will keep my ts 40 for any ceramic wall tiling i may do and my superpros will be back up spare cutting machines

T

The D

I have only ever had Rubi tile cutters from the TS 40 to the TX1200 never needed anything else and I have never not found a way to cut any tile.

C

carlsnowden7

sigmas all th way guys :thumbsup:,plus i keep mine in its own spot in my vivaro so never gets damged its seem to work the last ten years!

bobbynz

TF
Arms
Reaction score
how do you protect your sigma cutter?

If you truly value your signa or sagma ... oh whats it called again...oh well....whatever ya call it.....Whatever you do, please, please, please

Do not put it in the ring with .............A RUBI:lol:

P

Peter

No need to put a Sigma in a case. They can put up with being stood on, falling from height, lying outside etc. Pretty much bombproof.

Saves having the shame of a cheap quality, tacky looking red plastic case to keep it safe incase a feather drops onto it. :lol:

bobbynz

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The only reason its in a tacky red case is so sigmo users dont actually see how good they look and choke when they compare it with their sagma:mad2:

G

Gazzer

bobbynz;572814[B said:
]The only reason its in a tacky red case[/B] is so sigmo users dont actually see how good they look and choke when they compare it with their sagma:mad2:

So thats an admission that you agree its a tacky case ? Glad we sorted that out :thumbsup:
Anyway Sigma owners dont need to hide their cutters away, if you have it , Flaunt it. :thumbsup:

Reply to how do you protect your sigma cutter in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks