Discuss how do you protect your sigma cutter in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Alan M

hi there.
iv got a sigma 2g tile cutter. i only forsee useing it intermitently so it will sit idle:thumbsdown: . also the jobs iv been doing lately are only small ones so other tools are dragged around at the same time.
i know that you can get cases for the larger sigma cutters but i cant find one for a small one. you could put 2 or 3 of mine in one of those cases.

i am about to build one but it will never fit at nicely as a proper one.

anyone out there know where i could get one

thanks in advance

H

hillhead

Have you a van?
I have a trafic and have a great spot for my 3B which is my main cutter.
I have it on edge on top of the inner back wheel arch boxing, great spot.

A

Alan M

the 1st problem is im mostly a carpenter but have been doing a bit of tiling of late. iv only got a small berlingo but its usually full of other tools. alhow very tidy im worried about something falling on it and breaking the fence or something else. id also like to have somewhere to store those little extras that are used with it

the 2nd is im a tool nut and hate damaging my tools or loosing bits of them.

H

hillhead

Don't worry Alan, sigmas are as tough as anything.
I don't like getting tools damaged either and even give off to my helper for setting the mixer down the wrong way ! Grrrrr.

M

Mike

I leave my sigma s in the garage when not in use, more for the space in the van than the risk of damage.

tapatalk on my HTC

H

hillhead

I have a tool room in my house, only until it get a study/library.
Nice and secure. I have joinery and tiling tools although I only tile now.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I would leave it unsecured on my roof rack and hope someone nicks it, or it falls off at a roundabout. Sorry guys, couldn't resist a pop. As a Rubi man. All good fun.:lol::thumbsup:

H

hillhead

At your age Phil nothing would surprise me like that........
Lol.
The only problem with a sigma falling is it wouldn't break. Lol

S

Stef

Don't worry Alan, sigmas are as tough as anything.
I don't like getting tools damaged either and even give off to my helper for setting the mixer down the wrong way ! Grrrrr.

This sounds like me, Do you have OCD? :lol:

F

Fred

Changing over to sigma from rubi, but do I go for the big over 1mor the 900mm? Tiles are getting bigger.

Reply to how do you protect your sigma cutter in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks