Discuss How do I prepare a brick wall for tiling ? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

justheat

Hello,

I have built an extension and the existing exterior brick wall now becomes part of my wet room upstairs. The other walls are stud work which I intend to fit some kind of tiling board to.
What is the best way to prepare the brick wall? I have thought of either a sand and cement finish, or possible baton it off to give me the same construction and the stud walls (bit more work though).
Any help will be appreciated.

P

Perry

I would think if it's an outside wall it might be OK to tile onto. I would check it first. Unless it's a wet area. Then I would fix backer board and tile that.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Welcome, how are you getting on with your project?

J

justheat

Thanks for the advice. The construction of the stud walls is 12mm OSB over the stud work to sturdy it up, then I plan to put either a cementitious backer board or some kind of other suitable product such as Wedi board or similar. Is there any product that is better than others? Would this kind of product be able to be stuck to the brick wall that I have?

Reply to How do I prepare a brick wall for tiling ? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks