Discuss How can i improve my preparation in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

Waluigi

Dont forget to weigh it down to keep it submerged. Its floatier than a floaty float on a float ride! :D

I took care of it:D

96201CB8-609E-423D-93A8-6673F873639E.jpeg

W

Waluigi

That was the cheapest tile backer board I had in my garage. Unbranded stuff bought locally.

I notice that some Foam boards have a shiny surface to the cement coating. As though it’s been sealed. I’m wondering if this is to do with the potential for it to break down.

Q

Qwerty

The shiney coating is where the board has been pre-primed. In my experience it is a very thin mist coat as when I have gone to prime them it soaks in like its almost not there. The primer I roller on beads up on the first & second pass but then soaks in!

Reaction score
Good morning all,

Schlüter-KERDI-BOARD is waterproof inside and out , unlike most other tile backerboards. It has been extensively tested and , as stated on the datasheet, "has the required European Technical Assessment (ETA) as specified in ETAG 022 (bonded waterproofing assemblies) and bears CE marking. Moisture exposure class according to ETAG 022: A and C".

If you have any further questions about KERDI-BOARD or indeed any of our other products, please contact our technical team on 01530 813396 or email [email protected].

Thank you

http://www.schluter.co.uk/media/schlueter_db_12_1_kerdi_board_uk.pdf

W

Waluigi

Hi SSLtd

This is what I’m saying about your competitors boards- Hardiebacker and Aquapanel. As they allow water to pass through them, they don’t meet ETAG 022

I’ll do some digging to see if the other foam boards meet the spec. I’m sure they do by their very nature.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Reply to How can i improve my preparation in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks