Discuss Hole Cutter Recommendations in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
Chaps

Looking to invest in a new set of hole cutters.
I previously had the Marcrist Wet drill kit which has served me well.
I'm after preferably a dry kit to include 6mm, 8mm, 32mm & 40mm as well as a hole size enlarger bit.
Anything else i'm missing?

Cheers

J

J Sid

Previously with a cordless drill however am quite tempted by an M14 range

I've used grinder now for many years.
not that I do much 6mm but find they don't last very long using a grinder. That may just be me being impatient o_O but would never ho back to a drill now

W

Waluigi

M14 is the way to go these days.

I get all mine direct from China. Have done for many years now.

F

Flintstone

The M14 ones I have are diatools ones from China, same as pro tilers ones I believe . I've found today that my 32mm is about done, not drilled many holes really probably 10 to 15 holes? Not sure what the life expectancy is from them

W

Waluigi

By the way- Lakey, I recommend you get yourself a decent set of Electroplated hole saws too. Always worth having. Wet cut only.

Localtiler- that doesn’t seem too bad.
I’ve tried various branded bits and they perform no better on the very hard porcelain.

Reply to Hole Cutter Recommendations in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks