Discuss Hilti grinder and Hilti variable polisher in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Blunt Tool

F9505B1F-E1B8-4340-BFBF-85B96F6A926F.jpeg Just a quick review on the 115mm grinder and 125mm variable speed polisher now that I’ve had a couple of days use on 12mm marble. Both are 110v and brand new, bought from local Hilti shop. Start with the grinder, slow start, quiet and hardly any vibration at full speed in hand. You can tell it’s powerful as hardly any fight back as it goes thru marble and motor note never changes. I’ve also discovered it flatters blades that chipped porcelain terribly in other grinders. So for just over £100 with the vat it would be a good investment for any tiler, might even save you money buying expensive blades that when tried you think it’s the blades fault when it could be the actual grinder the problem. Onto the polisher, soft start, quiet, motor smooth and comfortable in hand. It takes material away very quickly with low number aggressive Sait carborundum pads and nice and steady tone for fine polishing. Never feels over heated and struggling after prolonged non stop use and because vents are at back as opposed to being near head like others it is not taking marble dust into motor. I had the Flex polisher before this one and it was very good but the Hilti is excellent. At near the £300, it would be suitable for any tiler who does a good few stone jobs per year, and should last a good few years, even after the 2 year no quibble warranty Hilti gives you.

O

One Day

Thanks. I've never considered hilti before but the vibration free grinder sounds good. I think that blade wobble causes more chipping than most people realise.

W

Waluigi

Bloody good tools. My neighbour has a Breaker that was made in the 80’s and still going strong.

Interesting what you say about the chipping. I have a flex polisher and I find that good. The Hilti must be incredible. There’s a few variations of the flex though.

Reply to Hilti grinder and Hilti variable polisher in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks