Discuss Hi guys recently won somethingl in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dtilers

Hi everyone nice to meet u all,

Abit about me - ive been tiling for a subby firm for 5years now but what to advance, as in win my own sites so im the contractor, ive recently priced for a site and won it, its only 49 houses but nevertheless, what is the next step? Please help???

L

LM

Abit about me - ive been tiling for a subby firm for 5years now but what to advance, as in win my own sites so im the contractor, ive recently priced for a site and won it, its only 49 houses but nevertheless, what is the next step? Please help???
Put your seat belt on!

L

LM

Dtilers I’d start by beginning as you mean to go on. From the very first house if things aren’t as you need them to be then DONT tile it.
If you give an inch they’ll take a mile.
Never ever cut corners!
Always do as you say you’re gonna do and never start making excuses and tell lies, you’re reputation is everything and if you’re respected then that will feed down from the contracts manager to all other trades and in turn people will want to help you and will stay the extra 10mins that afternoon making sure they’re out of your way so you can crack on in the morning.
Don’t arse about with the rules, PPE etc. It’s the law and you’ll only p**s the foreman off then they’ll be out to get you.
Spend the 10 mins it takes EVERY evening making sure that any rubbish relating to you is in the skip.
Be principled about getting paid on time DON’T EVER allow the builder to take advantage of you on payment terms or times, that will be your biggest mistake.
I could go on for ages about what to do and not to do but that’s just a few pointers I would give to someone starting out on your path. I’ve travelled it for a long time now and with many men relying on me and it’s a snap shot of my experience about this game. I hope some of it helps you and good luck.
PM me anytime for advice if you ever feel the need :)

O

Old Mod

That’s an incredible offer @LEE MAC and excellent advice.
Thanks for that

Welcome to the forum @Dtilers, well you certainly made an entrance, that is for sure. :)

All I can really add is, good luck, and make sure you keep your phone fully charged. :D ;)

O

One Day

I don't do site work buut the current job I'm on is on a development site so even though I'm working for the private client, I come under site rules.
Two things stand out to me.
One - I made friends with the security guard. An African guy nobody talked to. When I nip off site I buy him a coke and we have a chat. He makes sure I get the keys I need and I get on-site parking too.
Two - cleaning up and making the site manager's life a bit easier is noticed and appreciated. In return, they help me with things like water and power and shifting pallets around the site.

Reply to Hi guys recently won somethingl in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks