• Thread starter Greg Marshall
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2K

Discuss Hi everyone new here in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Greg Marshall

Hi just joined site looks a gold mine of info. New to tiling but always been hands on trade wise. Looking at escaping the everyday crap at work and going self employed. 13 day course booked and looking to eventually get myself an NVQ so fully covered. Just a lot of ground to cover first.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Greg, yes indeed a wealth of information.
All the best with your forthcoming endeavours.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Take lots of notes on the course and ask lots of questions.

I'd perhaps concentrate on getting experience over NVQ afterwards but perhaps worth it if you're looking to stick around long term.

G

Greg Marshall

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes as in any trade nothing beats experience. This will be paramount but as I know to well qualifications open doors too. I'm starting at uk pro tiling in the morning on the advanced course. I'm currently stuck in a dead end job at Tesco. I'll keep this job running as long as possible as I work twilight 5-12.

But I'm in tiling for the long haul, the sooner I can gain a good customer base and steady away work I will pull out of Tesco.

All I ever wanted was a trade but unfortunately There were very very few apprenticeships going when I finished school and in the middle of the building boom very few tradesman were willing to slow down there work to teach. Yet a couple years after I finished education apprenticeships were dished out on a plate and people often had placements arranged for them before they had even finished secondary school.

Anyway this is my chance and I must grab it with both hands.
All the best

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Welcome I hope you get sorted out! It seems everyone is giving out apprenticeships these days!

Reply to Hi everyone new here in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks