Discuss Hey! So Bathroom tiling... in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

rusty

Hey All,

Would describe myself as a keen armature that's learning all the time! But very happy with the tiling work I've done - Just feel I've made a massive mistake...

Installed new shower (Where there didn't used to be one) and tiled the area, Tiled straight onto the where the old tiles came off before. Didn't tank it, Think I just got carried away not thinking properly & assumed just grout would be fine.

But now coming to grout it I'm reading more and more than it's not actually waterproof, But just water repellent...

The tiles are the big 600x300 ceramic ones.

Can I seal the grout At all? Or is it literally rip em off do it again

Thanks in advance, Go gentle ha

Cheers,
Rusty

ttt tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Use the best grout you can and make sure all corners are well siliconed.
We do around 15 bathrooms a year and quite surprising what people get away with.
Rarely have people even primed the plaster or plasterboard , tiles fall of easily and still no major damage.
The bathrooms we fit are bomb proof and would probably last the life of the house!
Overkill really.

Reply to Hey! So Bathroom tiling... in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks