Discuss Herringbone floors. Why should we charge more. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi all
Been a bit quiet on posting. 800x120 plank 105mts. Priced a job on the basis it would be random planks for x. It will now be Herringbone without border starting from patio doors ending up where it will. (Customers decision). Imo it is easier than random no need for clips unless bowed cos tiles are almost like landscape. Should we be charging more ? Once you have a line and stick to it you cant go wrong ? Tiles will be running into 2 rooms. Am I being daft ? If you would like this in the arms please switch it ?

T

Time's Ran Out

105 sq mts - so it all depends on what you were happy with in your original price.
Only time I’d increase my price is if I was busy.

B

Blunt Tool

If customer wants to change from original quote then only makes sense price can be renegotiated for all the above reasons. It’s like getting a body shop to price for painting a plank of wood and turning up with a Lamborghini countach expecting it to be painted for same price!

Reply to Herringbone floors. Why should we charge more. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks